JPK
(.375 member)
23/05/06 10:20 AM
Re: dangerous game

45 S L,

Whether Linebaugh did his test with the intent to produce inverse results or not, I don't know. But he publicized them as if they were the Gospel, even when a 100 years of in feild experience and simple logic made it clear that they are anomilies.

I don't have much experience in Africa, but what experience I do have tells me to never hunt buff, or anything else, without an elephant capable rifle. You may run into lions, and anything else, but you will run into elephants. The cows are often testy. I have been in tight situations twice when the 375H&H I was carrying was nothing but a stick since I was loaded with softs. Shoulda learned the first time. Never again, next time, no matter what I'm hunting, except ele or buff, it will be a soft on top of four solids.

I editted this post to point out that when you have a real problem with elephants, and not one that can be shouted down or backed away from or solved with a shot over the head or through the ear, you are only talking about the most taxing when it comes to bullets and penetration, which is a frontal brain shot.

JPK

Contact Us NitroExpress.com