MopaneMike
(.300 member)
16/05/06 01:09 PM
Re: Best practice for cow ele hunting?

Shakari,

I have seen that very same look, and yes the ear's were just as wide with the head low... Going into our concesion (Kosonso, Zambia) we were driving through another concesion as a short cut to ours ( it might even have been the edge of the Nat Park). When out of the bush literaly burst a very pissed off bull. One second I was half asleep from jet lag and the Toyota's rocking me. The next, out burst this bull screaming like only an angry bull can, piercing won't come close to how loud it was. In a full charge he came giving me a face full of snot as both he skidded to a halt and I was climbing out the other side of the Toyota and the PH guns it!!.. It was a good thing the PH floored it, not only helping to get us the hell outta there, but it made me lose my balance in the back, other wise I was well on my way out the other side of the vehicle as a natural reaction.... Unfortunatly we heard that a client was killed by a bull ele while we were there, I'm not sure if it was the same consesion and alway's wondered if it was the same bull.. From what I understand, client and PH were hunting (not ele) and walking down a narrow trail with PH in front. Bull literaly came out of no where without warning, knocking over and spinning the PH as it passed, stomping the client and kept on going... I prefer to think that it was a case of everybody being surprised including the Ele, and the bull was trying to get the hell out of there as fast as he could.. There's not a doubt in my mind, the bull we encountered literaly let us (me) go...

Contact Us NitroExpress.com