shakari
(.400 member)
15/05/06 03:35 PM
Re: DEATH IN THE AFRICAN LONG GRASS!!

FWIW, Kruger Park now classify all it's large predators as maneaters. Illegal immigrants walking through the park get nailed regularly...... but of course, no-one knows how many. I used to help a friend of mine who was the Zoologist for one of the private photo concessions adjoining the KNP with her research and we often used to walk in the area. It wasn't an everyday occurrance but we did sometimes find evidence of where this kind of thing had happened.

Also KNP has a long history of staff etc getting nailed by (mostly) Leopards. Of the various species, I guess I'm most cautious about Lions. Some years ago, I was helping kay with some giraffe research and walked right into a pride of Lions that had just killed and were eating a Buffalo...... I got away with it, but only just. Kay herself was killed by an Elephant a couple of years ago in the same area.

Last year in the Selous we had an entire pride that were running through camp and making a fuss every night, most of the night, in the hope of getting someone to run out of a tent and join them for dinner.......

Contact Us NitroExpress.com