DUGABOY1
(.400 member)
11/05/06 09:28 AM
Re: Which would you choose?

Buldog563 , This is simply a matter of your choice, and Allen, and NE450No2 both have strong opinions toward their preferences. The fact is both sides have good, and true points made here. Both are honorable people who know of what they speak. When you consider both types of rifle have their place in the hunting fields, and both will cost you about the same amount in hunting trim, the choice is good which ever way you jump.

If going with Allen's choice, I wouldn't cut corners, but go right to the D'Arcy Echols rifles. The bolt rifle is easier to load for, and if you are shooting more than a couple hundred yds
the BA will be better for you. If you decide to go the Chapuis fork in the road, my advice is to scope it with a quality scope, in the Chapuis QD scope bases. This is a 200 yd rifle as well. I've seen Allen on film do a little shooting, and he can hold his own with anyone! I've aslo seen NE450No2 shoot his double Chapuis 9.3X74R double rifle, in person, and he shoots just as good as Allen does with his bolt rifles. The cost of these two rifle are about the same, and both are very good hunting rifles, and in a good chambering either will be a rifle you can use, and be proud to own, and pass along to your kids down the road. In any case, have fun in the choosing, and useing of your new rifle!

Contact Us NitroExpress.com