NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
02/05/06 02:46 AM
Re: Croc!

When "Dr Deth" (the other client) shot his buffalo out several hundred metres in the swamps in 2004, I was nicely having lunch on shore near the vehicle. Moved the vehicle and left my rifle in the cruiser so I had less to carry back in. Wadeing unarmed in the paperbacks in reasonably shallow but dark and quiet water started giving me the creeps so I shifted back out into the thick grassy swamp.

Coming back the other two guys didn't have their rifles as I was carrying them but probably no ammo.

Somehow the thick grassy swamps didn't feel like a problem, but when you see an aerial photo of a big croc in the grass ..... .

The quiet still more open waters always give me premonitions and the creeps however.

Never saw a croc on that hunt at all, but Penfold said there was a largish one right in the billabong at camp. But actually did see them, by their shining eyes at night from the 'tinny' boat when relocating across a river after a afternoons hunt. More than a handful of eyes too.

In Kakadu I wll always remember watching a bastard of a croc stalking me in the middle of the East Alligator River, and not noticing the bastard right below me the whole time only several metres away. He had his beedy little eyes on me too. Or the one near the ford again when a big bugger was mid-river. A fisherman told me to watch out for the croc. I said "yes I can see him." He said "No, the other one near the broken branch near you."

Sneeky cunning "evil" bastards.

A croc skin would be nice on the wall, and a skull for the mantlepiece if we are ever allowed to hunt them again.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com