mickey
(.416 member)
22/04/06 11:44 AM
Re: DG ETHICS-HARVEST or SHOWDOWN?

In reply to:

Poster: FMA
Subject: Re: DG ETHICS-HARVEST or SHOWDOWN?

I agree on zebra hunting. Think it's way underrated and a lot harder than people think. They are great fun to hunt. Unless I were shooting for the pot, I couldn't take an animal from a truck because it would not involve the hunt, which is my favorite part, and something I love much more than the kill or the trophy. Probably why I could never enjoy American deer hunting but love deer stalking in Scotland. As a very talented PH told me late one night in Reno, "The day I stop feeling a tinge of sadness when an animal goes down, is the day I stop hunting."

FMA

If your only idea of Deer hunting is what is shown on TV than I can understand your reluctance to sit in a tree fort over a feeder and read a book until the Deer you like comes for lunch. That is Television.

It is hard to respond as we don't know where you are from but I would suggest that Scottish stalking is quite simple compared to Mule Deer Hunting in the American or Canadian West. Rugged mountains, high elevation, long shots make for a challenging and usually unfulfilled hunt.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com