MRobinson
(.275 member)
21/04/06 12:42 PM
Re: DG ETHICS-HARVEST or SHOWDOWN?

I agree with MS and the shooters from vehicles. I think the true sportsman would allow his quarry to choose his means--and vehicle--of death.

The choice would, of course, be between being run down by and shot by a double rifle from a Land Rover or by a bolt rifle from a Land Cruiser.

I can see the ad copy now: "Nine out of ten buff prefer Land Rovers and double rifles, so I, the great MS, accommodate them."

Just kidding, guys, but I couldn't resist.

Actually, I detest all that MS stands for (or purports to stand for) in the ludicrous melodramatizations of DG hunting that he uses shamelessly to pimp for his videos. And I shudder to think how he ends up with so many wounded bulls to play with and film.

At the same time, I see no problem with shooting game from a vehicle, as long as (i) it is legal in the jurisdiction in question, (ii) the game is not so used to seeing vehicles that they have no fear of them and the people in them, (iii) the vehicle is NOT used to run down the animal, and (iv) it is the rare exception to the rule that one should stalk on foot to the maximum extent possible.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com