NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
17/04/06 05:38 PM
Re: OZ vs Africa

Steve

Trouble is you poms drink it at body temperature just like the p*%% it is.

I am really shamed people think Australian beer is measured by Fosters. When you visit try beers like Coopers from Adelaide and James Boag from Tasmania among others. I wish Lion Nathan would make a decent premium beer with their 'Hahn' label and then I would really be set.

Grizzly

A Top End safari after Water Buffalo has much of the feeling of an African safari. If hunting in Arnhemland you are hunting in a true wilderness area, Arnhemland (mostly) having always been Aboriginal lands and very undeveloped.

Water buffalo do not have the reputation of cape buffalo but do kill people each year in the bush. The marketing 'hype' has never been built up, in fact most Aussies would argue a .308 is fine for them. Yes it will kill them just the same as a .308 would kill a cape buffalo if it was legal. it probably is better to use a .375 or more however as they are big animals.

Combined with some other hunting such s pigs or ferals it makes a good trip.

A water buffalo hunt of around 5 to 7 days in Arnhemland is around US$6500 to US$8000. Sometimes a little more and can be cheaper, eg if hunting station country with lesser numbers of buffalo and perhaps lesser sized trophies. Sometimes a deal comes along but also make sure you know what the actual deal is buying you. So on average a little cheaper than a cape buffalo short hunt.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com