Yogi000
(.333 member)
15/04/06 05:40 AM
Re: bayonets and cat guns

DPhillips--- yes, I spoke with the good people at Dixie. However they gave me the impression their ammo was really better in rifled barrels and I have a smooth bore double in cylinder / cylinder. For those with rifled bores I'd say yup, good place to go. Maybe they have a great DG slug for smooth bore and I just didn't decipher that in my conversations with them. Anyway, nice people there and I may order from them in the future.

For my situation, I resigned to load my own and I'm also trying out starsandstripesammo. They're in Florida. A bit pricey but I'll know how their ammo stacks up after it gets here. They do have DG slugs and various loads for SMOOTHBORES. Very knowledgeable too. I am most anxious to try out there 12 ga, DG slug in 3 inch magnum, with a speed of 1620 fps, its a hardened conical slug weighing it at just a hair under 500 grains. With that speed, and that respectable weight in a harder than regular lead hardness, this DG slug should do some BIG damage. Now to see if it is a reliable shooter, that is the next question that should take about 45 minutes to an hour to learn.

meanwhile my scale and my scale and crimper and DG slugs and Fiocchi hulls finally got here from Ballistic products... I'm ready to roll my own! Yippeee!

Contact Us NitroExpress.com