NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
29/03/06 05:23 AM
Re: DG ETHICS-HARVEST or SHOWDOWN?

In reply to:

How many of us wish to provoke a charge and find out if we can repeat MS feats??

I believe I could have had just such an opportunity last year with a scrub bull. After being shot twice with a .450 it came running down the hill looking "a bit angry". I reloaded a round from behind the tree from whence I first shot it, and it dropped from the third shot.

Later with hindsight I wondered, if I had stepped out from the tree whether it would have charged and I could have done an "MS" (or not! ). But I can say my confidence level is not up there yet. If it happens you deal with it (or not), if you provoke a charge intentionally, you had better be pretty competent.

Of course Graham Williams, the PH said, it might have run away as well. As it was they were already chambering their rifles and he can be heard on video saying to another client "Wal, load up your .416, here it comes!"

I was considering this thread at work today. Does anyone know the series of rifles, or more specifically calibres/chamberings MS has progressed through?

In earlier movies I remember a .450/400 and maybe a .450 No.2. But later movies he appears to have progressed to larger bores??? Maybe for good life preserving reasons.

Can anyone name the progression overtime or am I wrong?

Contact Us NitroExpress.com