shakari
(.400 member)
28/03/06 01:27 AM
Re: DG ETHICS-HARVEST or SHOWDOWN?

Actually Boomer, I hope you won't mind me correcting you a little there. MS has the reputation of having a hell of a lot more charges than other PHs.....and that can only be achieved one way and that's to have a situation where a lot more animals get wounded and then pressured during the follow up.... therefore I personally believe MS can be criticised for his hunting ethics.......

for me the best reasons for hunting were coined by Sher Jung who wrote:- " The jungle is the place to test one's own mettle & one's skill. It is a place for personal & individual adventure. To tackle the adversary on the ground of it's own choosing and to outwit it in it's own game of woodcraft is the real joy & thrill of hunting. Always remember that hunting is not just killing animals, it is much more than killing: Killing is the least important part of it. "

To put it in perspective, MS probably seems to have more charges in a season than I've had in 25 years of hunting in Africa, 15 of those years Professionally. I hunt on foot and like to get very close to the quarry and 90% of the Buff my clients take are closer than 40 yards - some as close as 10 yards - so how do you account for his far higher wound rate?

Contact Us NitroExpress.com