DoubleD
(.400 member)
23/03/06 03:40 PM
Re: 45-70 LA on DG

45SL,

Boy did you stir up a shitstorm!! Thats your fault. You should have posted your question a lot more simplier and readable form something like this:

Are Randy Garretts' 540 grs. Hammerheads in 45/70 adequate for hunting Dangerous game?

You would have still heard the howl. Just it might have been a little more civil.

Actually I went back and tried to read your original post and you did ask that, but it is buried in a whole bunch of other writing and testimonials that appear to be proving your point and not asking a question. It appeaers you came here more for an argument than answers.

If you ask the question of others and you don't like what say, don't argue with them. Add their answers to your knowledge base and move on. Why would you ask the question and seek their knowledge if you already had the answer?

When you make a post like this apply the KISS formula to your post. Make your post simple and easy to read. Make some paragraphs. I doubt many read to the end of your post as they are one big white blob.

Don't fall for advertisers hype. Testimonials from a suppliers ad are just hype. They may be true, but take them for what they are.

Ask your self some questions, the 45/70 has been around for 125 years or so and it is just now being discovered as a great DG killer, even with Mr. Garrett's bullets? Why is that.

I would like to hear the answer myself about Mr. Garrett's bullets as that is what is listed as the salvation that creates the 45/70 into a DG cartridge.

Gentlemen, now leaving all other bullets aside are Randy Garretts' 540 grs. Hammerheads in 45/70 adequate for hunting Dangerous game?

Now ducking and running for cover.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com