mikeh416Rigby
(.450 member)
22/03/06 10:57 AM
Re: 45-70 LA on DG

canguk, how exactly does one wait for something to not happen?

I must take exception to your apparent belief that unless someone has done something they are not qualified to express an opinion on it. I've read an awful lot about hunting over the years, and because of that, I feel that I'm entitled to have opinions. I've only read about the 30-60-90 day and longer safaries that took place in the golden age of African Hunting, but I can certainly comment on it. Some things are just common sense, or at least one would think so. I don't have to try taking out a Cape Buffalo with a club, to know that I'm woefully under armed.Most of us read to learn and be entertained. Whether or not one chooses to believe what they read is strictly a personal choice.

One of the purposes of this web site, as well as many others is to give its members the opportunity to share what they've learned over the years: be it as a result of personal experiences, or what they've picked up as a result of other members sharing information with them. Just because someone hasn't done something themself, in no way automatically disqualifies their opinion.

Now that I've got that off my chest, I'm more than just a little curious about what your personal experience is using the 45-70 on dangerous game. If you've got it, great, but if not, then using your own statements, you're not qualified to comment on its effectiveness, or lack of same. Looking forward to seeing some of your photos of your DG kills with the 45-70.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com