JPK
(.375 member)
10/02/06 03:13 AM
Re: Definition of a DG Stunt Hunt

NirtoX,

I noted the fresh elephant skull, after my post but just before I had to sign off.

Ganyana, is an actual Zimbabwe Parks employee and a liscensed Zimbabwe PH. He conducts elephant hunts regularly during the season. Mostly PAC bulls I understand. He writes for African Hunter Magazine and is a member of this forum as well, though not a frequent contributor. Have you perhaps confused my refference to his comments with those made by someone else?

Yes, it would be nice if some of the fellows on AR who have either recently aquired or are looking for their DR would have done some homework in the library and here on NitroExpress.com. Many of the post which leave me scratching my head would have been rendered unneccesary with a little reading and the liberal use of the search function here.

But their posts are there, to be replied to, and with the added recomendation that they come over here to learn more. Some of the fellows just don't seem to catch on though, and can't grasp the limitations of DRs nessecitated by the requirement that they be regulated to a particular load. See for example the fellow who posted recently about his 450NE on the AR Big Bore forum and how he's sure it can handle a "handful of powder". After several waive offs from me, 450 NE No2, and RIP, he repeated this desire to hot rod his double on the new DR board.

Hey, you can lead a horse to water but...

Edit: I see the same fellow posted here on Feb, 6. His post is now on the reloading board and his only response is from you, about moving his post. Someone needs to help this guy before he blows himself and his rifle up.

JPK

Contact Us NitroExpress.com