EricD
(.416 member)
26/01/06 09:39 AM
Re: Trail cameras

I've also heard elsewhere that the Cuddeback and Recon Outdoors are the digital ones worth having a closer look at. I would definatly go digital, as it would be easiest for me to either just switch CF cards (which I have quite a few of), or even bring my laptop with me into the forest and download the pictures right then and there, to be studied closer back at home.

My use for one here in Norway would be to set it up on densely forested paths and other areas where there are roedeer present, to see when (I think you can have the time imprinted on the picture) and what size roedeer pass. Also just for the fun of it.

Another potential use would be to set one up near a gate where people have to pay a small toll to enter the forests road system. The minimal fee is just a percentage of what it costs to uphold the roads. Unfortunatly, some people think it nice to try and break open the money box now and then, and steal the money... So a hidden trail camera with an invisible IR flash would be a great way to catch them redhanded, with their licence plate numbers etc.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com