markhyoung
(.224 member)
02/11/05 05:35 AM
Re: Best buffalo country in Africa?

Bulldog

You've been given some great advise by some folks that have obviously "Been there and done that". My experience bears out just about exactly what you have been told.

RSA actually has some very good buffalo hunting in the areas bordering Kruger park but a 7 day buff only was $16000 this year with our guy there and I believe in '06 the prices will be closer to $20,000. Tanzania is actually cheaper and in some cases much cheaper.

I personally only see 2 reasons to go to Botswana. The first is big elephant and the second is the Okavango. Otherwise the hunting is just as good for the rest of the game in other places and much less expensive. It also is the most featureless landscape I have ever seen. Okavango is great though for a couple of days.

The most reasonably priced sable/buffalo hunts are in Zim or Mozambique (No swamps). $850 per day on a 15 day schedule and a trophy fee of $2500 for the sable and $2200 for the buffalo. Hunts can also be conducted in a total wilderness area. An '06 hunt could be arranged in Mozambique I think.

Regards,

Mark

P.S. Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome. Much different atmosphere than the croc infested waters of your neighboring site.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com