NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
11/03/24 02:13 PM
Re: Mozambique Oct 2023

Quote:

Looks like it was a top hunt. Nothing wrong with that Buff. Forget the width of the horns, it is the age, they don't get old by being stupid and he looks old. Also, the boss to me, is more important than width. That is a big solid boss, a lot of photos of trophy buff have wide horns, but the boss is not joined solidly in the middle and are younger.

My thoughts exactly. That cape buffalo is a trophy by the nature of those mature solid big bosses.Length inches and silly scores are irrelevant. A goob bossed old mature bull is a real trophy. A young soft bossed bull with the bosses artificially built up with putty is not.

I was once told, "if it looks good on the wall, that's what is important." I had just turned down an old broomed off water buffalo bull. I got a big long horned mature bull two days later. But that broomed bull would look great on the wall too. A problem was hecwas the first bull we saw,nfirst morning. I remember him being the most aggressive as well. Breaking down a tree, coming back at us to face us down.

The cottage looks like a typical Zim National Parks style cottage. I've stayed in a couple of similar ones. Not lush but comfortable, I like the thatched ceilings and roofs.

Amazing, eh? Fuel in cooking oil bottles.

Lovely kudu, nyala and eland. Three of the more impressive species. Lovely trophies.

What rifle did you use?

Thanks for posting your African safari photos and comments. We've had a drought of safari threads, with few people hunting in Africa. Post more images if you wish.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com