NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
24/10/23 08:43 PM
Re: The Best Off-Road Truck

I was admiring a Landcruiser Series 70 Troopid on the road this afternoon. Converted to have a flat popup roof and lightweight roof rack.

A downside is they are big, a bit awkward parking and city driving.

But as I get olderim thinking having a mobile camper area in the back,inbuilt storage, cabinents each side in the back. A fold downcamp bed with unrolled swag on top on each side. Engel fridge slide on one side. A slide out kitchen slide draw, out the back door, sink, burners etc on the other side. Roll tarp above at the back and side. Pop the top to be able to stand up a bit. 2x long range fuel tanks. 1x large water tank underneath. Weight low down, not in a roof rack where it can roll the vehicle.

If designed well can have a space under the internal floor, for a table and folded chair storage.

I think it works better than a trailer. Towing a trailer used a lot more fuel. Extra tyres to be punctured. Lesser off road capability with a trailer.

Popup tents on a roof rack, and all that crap hanging off a vehicle are a pain in the arse whenever you have to move anywhere.

A camper troopie might be a compromise worth trying. Easy to try one out. Hire a vehicle for a short trip. See how comfortable or not one is living in the back. Once setup and equipped allows very easy and quick getaways with everything in place.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com