Rule303
(.416 member)
24/10/23 08:05 AM
Re: The Best Off-Road Truck

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

The Best Off-Road Truck Isn’t Found in the U.S.
Safari trucks based on the Toyota Land Cruiser 79 are the most capable off-road rigs on the planet

BY JOHN B. SNOW | PUBLISHED AUG 24, 2021 12:30 PM EDT

https://www.outdoorlife.com/adventure/best-off-road-truck/

I'll call BS on that. Best off road at what? Certainly not the best in mud or for climbing steep hills. Certainly one of the better ones on rocks and just getting around on flattish land.

I smell an oily Landrover owner.

True and I have cursed some of them many times and one has been the most reliable vehicle going. True.

The Land Cruiser is great for most of the jobs regarding load carrying and the like, they also got it right with coil springs up front and leaf at the rear for load carrying.

When it comes to hill climbing power is not the answer. Look at the Willy's jeep, stuff all power and will climb a slope most other 4WD dream of, same with the Landrover. It, as explained to me by an engineer, is in the entire design of the vehicle. A Landcruiser will fall over sideways well before a Landrover and from memory, the earlier Nissan Patrols. The little Haflinger has stuff all power but will climb and go where most cannot but will turn turtle in 18" of water. Also damned slow on the road, makes an old Landrover Serries 1 look like a speed demon:-)

Two things that the Landcruiser has going for it are reliability and a massive advertising budget. Bit like this article.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com