NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
11/09/05 03:25 PM
Re: Elephant hunting in Zimbabwe.

Second lot of questions and comments. I need to make moderators work!

Some fun hunting the cows. Being chased by the cows on numerous occasions must really add to the experience.

Pity about the buffalo cow, but that is how it goes sometimes. If you followed the herd for eight hours looking for a wounded one you certainly tried to find it. In a herd it is hard to spot one until much later. The same happened to me with a zebra. We looked at the herd many times and re-tracked it again and again and couldn't find one with a wound. Only by chance the next day did we manage to guess which one it was and kill it.

For the elephant shot, did the practice on the trailer target help? Some quick shooting from the sounds of it. The calibre was a ??? .375 ??? Good idea to have two ele on quote. Decisions, decisions for me for 2006.

Great stuff hippo on land. But your head is meant to go between the jaws. If the stick holds!

What trophy other than ivory did you take fromt the hippo? Was the skin used for anything?

Good to hear the Zambezi 'trots' waited until Harare. Also not fun to spend the whole flight in the toilet on the way home.

Erik

Thank you very much for your great hunt report. The photos were brilliant, the stories entertaining and informative. The usual great posts of your trips we have come to expect.

And a great safari to remember too.

PS Are you sure you didn't need a sleeping bag AND a blow-up mattress for the luxury Big5 camp?

Contact Us NitroExpress.com