NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
06/09/21 03:47 PM
Re: Group hunt in Africa

Maybe being too negative. I just realised I have been on LOTS of group hunts. And successful and great fun and comradeship.

Driven style hunts, done as groups.

One hunts. At the meal times everyone gets around a fire to toast sausages and drink coffee! At the end of the day, for a group meal. And also butchering the ELG or MOOSE when someone takes one.

These hunts were in Norway and Sweden. Meat hunting for the group and if a hunter was lucky an occasioanl trophy.

Similar for some pheasant shoots I have done in the UK or Australia. Again group hunts.

Staffan on here also used to travel to Germany for driven hunts for boar and deer, as invited by the local landowner. These all fit the "group hunt" model, very successfully.

I enjoyed the comradeship at these times, and was not there for a trophy on the wall. Did not even have to shoot an animal myself, I was there to experience the different hunting cultures and times with friends, new and existing.

When working out a group hunt, such models might be worth bearing in mind. Just thoughts.

PS I have posted too many times. I think and hope I will be on a group hunt next year, with a host inviting a group of people. I hope it happens!

PPS If I win big in lotto, I will host one for NE.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com