NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
15/03/21 02:25 PM
Re: Green Hunts ?

Myself I would not bother.

And tranquilising an animal is not completely safe, they certainly do it for veterinarian reasons when required. But not for a "green hunt". Yes they can clean its ears etc and check it over, but that sounds more like a justification than a need.

I would not be interested in a tranquiliser hunt.

I would rather take photographs. Ha ha, how "green" is that/! "Why don't all you arsehole hunters just take photos and leave the poor animals alone!!!" Ha ha. Heard that one many times.

For the people that want to "hunt" a rhino with a tranquiliser, that's for them.

Certainly out of my price range as well. Was a few metres from a Black Rhino feeding the dark in Zimbabwe in 1993, way too close, maybe 20 feet. Couldn't see it, but could hear it. It had also walked past my wife and the driver in the bakkie earlier while we were off hunting. We did back out of there very quickly and quietly.

BTW the ONLY real DG rhino hunt in my opinion is the Black Rhino. The White Rhino is so much more cowlike docile.

If you want to do it, do it.

If I could afford a real black rhino hunt, if such exists, I don't know now if I would do it. I absolutely would have hunted Black Rhino in the "old days" when they were plentiful and treated almost like vermin. Would have been a great exciting hunt in the jess. Charging and stomping around.

But nowadays it all seems too much canned for my liking.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com