Mpofu
(.300 member)
25/07/05 08:25 PM
Re: Tigers in Africa

I had the misfortune of watching a video of this rather distasteful bit of trash.
My reasons, as a passionate lover of the Indian Tiger are this....
The producer, teams up with a Lion/Tiger tamer from the US and claims he intends releasing this pair into the wilds of India....I cannot imagine the Indian authorities giving him permission to execute such a plan..ie..Were the animals DNA tested, or were they going to take a chance and pollute the gene pool of the wild tigers in the area of the planned release.Where exactly were the Tigers going to be released?
The handler spends most of the programme 'humanising' the tigers. How does this prepare them for the wild?
The scenes of the Tigers 'apparently' hunting, are poorly set up...ie.. throwing giunea fowl at the tigers from somewhere behind the cameraman ( probably wing clipped), and the sad scene of the tigers in the same river bed, waiting for the plainsgame to be funnelled/driven into them.
The plans to breed from a litter brother and sister...ever heard of in-breeding?
Celebrating because the Tigers are following a scent trail...Corbett, Anderson and a host of experts on Tigers state that the Tiger has virtually no sense of smell.
The handler stating that when attacked by a Tiger, either put your hand down it's throat, or bite it's nose....Really !!? Either method would ensure you lose an arm or your head at the very least.
I always thought playing possum was the only chance one had, unless it was a maneater, in which case, goodnight vienna !
How can training a tiger in African habitat, on African game, prepare a Tiger for the wilds of India?
The claim was made, erroneously, that this would be the first attempt at releasing Tiger in the wilds of India. Not true. Billy Arjan Singh did it,successfully, many years
ago, both with Tiger and Leopard.
Humbly submitted,
M.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com