NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
23/06/20 06:09 PM
Re: Safari Hats - show us yours!

Quote:

To paraphrase that great antipodean philosopher of my youth: "Now that's.... a hat!"

An exceedingly functional and (to me, anyway) very stylish form of warm-weather headgear. Unfortunately, in our current social climate, impossible to wear without incurring the international wrath of the politically-correct statue-topplers who are dictating what our values and behaviour are supposed to be. In other words, unless you're going out trick-or-treating dressed as Colonel Mustard, pith helmets/sun helmets are ganz verboten!

Ha ha, all the more reason to wear them! Ffff them.

I've never worn one seriously. But will one day. These do need a proper chin strap added to them.

Quote:

I'm just sorry I only discovered this fun thread too late to see many of the pictures, which are too out-of-date to be visible anymore. Any of the OP's still on the forum, maybe you could repost them so us newbies can enjoy them too.

Some of the images were hotlinks from retailer sites that I linked to here. I might have a look to see if they can be reposted. I would have some of my images stored on another PC, which might be out of action at the moment.

People won't be able to edit their old posts. But can post new photos on new posts easily enough. Keep the thread going.

I have a lot more pith helmets to show as well.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com