NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
19/02/20 08:13 PM
Re: plains game packing list

Quote:

I MAY seek out a custom shirt maker and see about my own design. Slightly larger pockets for those smart phones. Better colours for hunting. The Nitro Express colour brand. If an Adelaide custom shirt maker won't be cheap. They usually make business shirts. If they are still around. Maybe a trip to Bangkok or Hong Kong one day. Should fit perfectly.

I haven't ever used one in Africa, but I use a shooting vest a lot. My old Beretta vest is now near finished, especially after getting boiled by mistake in the washer when the hot water refused to stop pouring in. I have used it on the farm, got oil and grease on it. Very dirty. Washed many times. The large pockets are very handy.

I also have a soft lambskin RAF leather munitions vest which is very nice. Also showing wear. Also great for travel but rarely take it on long trips. Weighty and another thing to carry.

I bought one of those camera vests. Used it in South America.

BUT I like the old Green semi quilted look and leather/suede trim Beretta vest. I have made enquiries with tailors to repair the old one, all the suede shrank. Or make a new one. But will re-design it. For clay shooting, hunting, travel, normal day wear, farm use. Yes I will get more than one made.

The "Nitro Express" brand shooting/travel/safari vest:

Lightish Green cotton with a quilted look if possible.
Suede trim on pockets and some edges.
Suede or leather shoulder patches.
Decent length.
Upper pockets, deep enough for stuff not to fall out.
Lower pockets where the shell pockets are, open but with zipped pockets behind. Open pockets are dangerous when travelling from pickpockets.
Maybe a zipped inside upper internal pocket for a wallet.
I won't bother with a back pocket for empty shells.
Perhaps two of the open pockets can have NE bullet loops inside.One of my jackets does have this for 12g shells.

Might be hard to do all this with a cotton shooting style vest.

I want my design to not be "too shooting" for travel, but it probably will still look like it.

A safari vest is very useful for travel and great for the hunt. Be a real man and wear it shirtless!

Will start a new thread on it.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com