NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
19/02/20 07:55 PM
Re: plains game packing list

Quote:

I wear a khaki cotton "safari jacket" that is basically a shotgun coat with no pockets on my rifle shoulder side............so your gun butt doesn't hang up - mounting or dismounting. I will not hang crap (cartridges or pockets) of the rifle shoulder side of my jacket.

One of the best safari jackets used to be an old style green USA Army jacket. A PH had one on my first safari and it was an excellent idea.

Dark green is OK with a lot of African bush as the thin tree trunks are often black or dark. Really light East African old fashioned "khaki" is a bad idea.

Hard to get now. Everythings cammo.

BTW avoid camo in Africa. Some countries do not like it at all.

I could not find a US Army jacket, but a Pro Cam Fis jacket is better. A fishing jacket with zip off sleeves. Lots of pockets.

Green like this one.

Quote:

I wear a grey "hoodie" under my coat of a morning. You can take it off when you get hot and tie it around your waist by the sleeves or stuff it in the back pocket of the "safari jacket/shotgun coat".

Good idea. Ghetto in the bush.

Quote:

I used to take little binoculars and wrote them off as next to useless - field of view too small. I now carry Leupold 10x32 (?) Gold Rings and won't change them.

Me too. Good Swarovski and Leica full sized binocs.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com