Postman
(.375 member)
17/02/20 02:03 PM
Re: plains game packing list

For plains game and a .375, I like the 250 grain TTSX, but when using my .375 as a backup rifle on a DG hunt, I tend to just bring 300 grain TSX and some Woodleigh 300 grain Hydrostatic solids. When I’m tagged out on DG, I use the .375 for PG using the ammo I brought as DG backup fodder. It really hits with authority, and some of the PG you’ll hunt can get awful big, so the 375 offers great levels of horsepower on tap, especially if the shot presentation is not the ideal textbook standing broadside.

If I were to go back for solely a PG hunt, I’d likely bring a 7MM Rem Mag, or a .300 Win mag. If you’re bound and determined to bring the .375, I don’t think anybody could claim it is a bad choice. If I were to do a PG only hunt and brought only a ,375, I’d likely bring the 250 grain TTSX. The lighter bullet will give you a better trajectory than the heavier 300 grain bullets but will still hit with plenty of authority.

The 7mm Rem Mag, the .300 Win Mag, and the .375 H&H are common enough in Namibia that one might find replacement ammo locally, should the airlines lose your ammo. This is a key decisioning factor that would be on the top of my mind.

Another fine choice would be a.338 Win Mag using 225 grain TTSX, although I’m not sure if it’s easy to source spare ammo in Namibia for the .338 if the airlines should separate you from your ammo.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com