NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
09/12/19 08:12 PM
Re: The End of the Game - non published BBC buffalo hunt movie

24 Comments

Luca Negro
Luca Negro
6 days ago (edited)
I was looking forward for this movie and it exceeded my expectations if possible. Great work David Scott, both on the documentary and on bringing Sir Guy out to the world. I would love to see a Guy Wallace biographic documentary one day.

Chris Williams
Chris Williams
2 days ago
Aside from being a great film, I think many of us that do hunt can appreciate that as a vegan, that can’t have been easy to witness, film and edit. Regardless of what you think of hunting now, thank you for finding our for yourself what it’s all about. Shame the BBC didn’t take it on and hope you get some recognition for this.

diesel92kj1
diesel92kj1
3 days ago
I wish people had more of a understanding of where food comes from & especially that restricting an Animal from hunting like The Hunting Act does is cruel.
Any Dog should have the chance to display it's natural way to catch food or kill pests same as Falcons do.
No Dog psychologist in the world denies a Dog doesn't have a natural instincts to hunt to eat & surplus kill.
I wish the UK had bow hunting also.

Alan Corbett
Alan Corbett
1 week ago
This is a phenomenal documentary, poignant, sad and humorous by turn. Thank you for crafting a wonderful work Mr. Scott.

Colin Johnston
Colin Johnston
4 days ago (edited)
I spoke to Guy a couple of times about training GWPs and bought 2 of his books. I still refer to them when my beloved hooligans decide to riot.
Thanks to David for filming this and narrating what must have been difficult assignment but it is a worthwhile story.. I am pleased Chris got to mention, albeit briefly, the true nature of conservation and trophy hunting in Africa and elsewhere and the huge benefits it brings to local communities, wildlife and the local environments.

Thanks David and Guy for a unique film.

A real shame if this is the last documentary DGS makes as its quality comes from being non-judgemental, telling a tale without a preconceived finale. We rarely see documentaries like this these days due to the points David raises. Too hot to handle, too near the bone, no predetermined easy answers to difficult questions. The viewer left to make their own mind up.

David G Scott
David G Scott
35 minutes ago
Thanks and good points there, Colin.

roger wooldridge
roger wooldridge
6 days ago
Awesome, I knew Guy years back when he was at Libanus Brecon, top bloke! You need to get this out on dvd!

Ben Jones
Ben Jones
1 week ago
This is an amazing film. To hell with the BBC. I will not be watching or paying for any of their content again.

Jemma Moore
Jemma Moore
1 week ago
Can't wait to watch this, good on you for standing up to the BBC!!

retsdon
retsdon
2 days ago
What a cracking documentary. Wonderfully filmed, non-judgmental, just a straight forward record of someone from a generation of Britons whose like have nearly all now disappeared from the planet. It'a a piece of history.

sandspider2000
sandspider2000
4 days ago
An interesting watch, thank you. Unusually even handed (in my experience) for an anti hunting / vegan type on the subject of hunting. And a great use of Handel's Sarabande!

David G Scott
David G Scott
5 days ago
A donation is most welcome if you like the film....even £1

684 IH
684 IH
11 hours ago
A heart felt thanks for a 1:11:01 of magnificent film. I sent you a paypal contribution, only wish circumstances would have allowed it to be more than a tenner. Please continue with your craft.ATB john.

Jordan Luxford
Jordan Luxford
6 days ago
Have been waiting on this for a while now. thank you.

barnymartin
barnymartin
4 days ago
Well done an excellent documentary. Credit to the filmmaker for showing an ability to see both sides and to allow for freedom of choice, a credit to the vegan community.

G2G_4i
G2G_4i
3 days ago
Great film depicting a fair and well balanced view of a sliver of an interesting man's life. As a hunter, it saddens me to see the parallels between our way of life and Guy in this film. I am a fairly young man, and personally know of many hunters. But the numbers speak for themselves; hunting is in decline and has been for decades. Almost feels like society at large views us collectively as Guy is depicted here, a fading relic of the past.

g13flat
g13flat
1 week ago
A supreme example of real documentary making.

The Legend Master
The Legend Master
1 week ago
The End of the Game, but the beginning of the Glory. The BBC just lost themselves a customer.

Carl Senden
Carl Senden
5 days ago
I've been waiting for this for so long. Congrats😎👍👍

pricketfella one
pricketfella one
3 days ago
A proper film, loved it.

Brian
Brian
1 week ago
Great film. Mainstream broadcasting is not the educational information source it used to be.

Christopher Sherrington
Christopher Sherrington
4 days ago
Wow truly brilliant.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com