Sarg
(.400 member)
31/10/19 07:39 PM
Re: Bushpig in a Thunderstorm

Yes very tough animal, I'm not sure if hard to kill really as I like to shoot all my Dangerous Game dead right there & not give them a chance, so like to break both (or at least one) shoulders or spine if shooting from above in Rocks or Blind, also nice if I can smack/clip the heart .

I shot both the Hyena with a 30/06 & 180gr PMP & two leopard with same, one with 220gr 30/06 one with 286gr 9.3X62 & one with my 458Win Mag 500gr.

This Hyena was Old & Tough, most animals are scared of Honey Badger/Ratel they are like a African Wolverine, I have waited hundreds of hours in blinds & had on this bait one night seen 7 different Honey Badgers come in, many nights before after sitting 4-5 hours I see a big Dog Hyena coming in, I'm getting very excited now, then off to one side I see 2 Ratel coming from the opposite direction, both put up their tails & make a Rattling noise advancing on the the Hyena, he runs off, bugger !

On this night, I see this guy coming & know its him by the hoping trot he is doing, then again from other direction 3 large Ratel come, I'm thinking "Oh Shit" another wasted night but no this guy stares at the Badgers all lined up in front of him tails up sounding off next to the gut pile & I can see he thinks I got this, been here before lol, he had scar tissue like calluses all over his massive head, I presume from fighting !

Contact Us NitroExpress.com