Sarg
(.400 member)
31/10/19 07:43 AM
Re: Bushpig in a Thunderstorm

Quote:

Quote:

Certainly is a hairy one, compared to the "normal" hyenas one sees in pictures or video.

Two different species.

Yes, he is a Brown Hyena Male & in the Brown Hyena the Male is the larger of the sexes from what I'm told & from what I have seen.

The Spotted Hyena is the one most people know & in that species the Female is the largest, they are larger than the Brown - Striped or the very small Ardwolf which is like a tiny Striped Hyena !

This is a very Big Brown & the skull is bigger than a lot of Spotted Hyena I have seen, he had lost one front foot some how, most likely in a snare as the snare is the scourge of Africa, the other Brown I shot had a snare around its neck when I shot him & the Ardwolf I got this year had a Snare around his neck, I pull up & find 10s of snares a week !

One of my hunters when he hunted in Zim shot two Spotted Hyena both with snares or snare damage around there necks, one with a hole in its throat & water would drain out of that when it drank, Hyena are crazy tough & my friend shot one that had been hit by a Bakkie (South African for Ute/Pick Up) lots of damage all over & half its face torn off, looked like Two Face from Batman & it was doing find health wise & fat !

Contact Us NitroExpress.com