NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
25/08/19 12:26 AM
Re: Hunt prices --$4,000 Sable...cheap??

Quote:

My main hunting buddy is headed to South in a few weeks for a Sable and Roan hunt.. high trophy quality.. $7200. total... that is incredibly cheap .. I paid over $5000 just for a sable back in 2005.. shot my roan in Cameroon in 2017-- honestly don't remember the cost, was actually on a Lord Derby hunt at the time, but know is was less than $4000..

Plains game species are really inexpensive right now all over S Africa..and some of Namibia.. I did hear Namibia is in the middle of a very bad drought right now..

To me, a free range hunt in Zimbaawe, Zambia or Mozambique for sable and a free range hunt for roan in Cameroon, is worth ten even twenty times the shooting of a pen raised high fenced game shoot for a wall hanger in South Africa.

Either can be hunt, but one is more a legitimate and real experience and the other not so much. Have done both. I know which I prefer. having said that, in the past often the pen raised high fence hunt was more expensive.

As for roan and sable in South Africa, nah, not for me. Rather hunt them in say Mozambique.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com