NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
23/07/19 10:54 AM
Re: Hunt prices --$4,000 Sable...cheap??

Quote:

I have never done a ranch hunt in South Africa, so I can't really comment on fenced hunting. Personally, I'm willing to pay the extra to hunt an area that is still wild, I enjoy dodging the elephants and the occasional Lion when in the field.

Absolutely no comparison between some pokey little ranch and a real wild hunting area. Unless the fenced in area is so big you never see the fences .. like one area I hunted in Zim, was five properties combined and had elephant and black rhino, which one could and did bump into.

On the other hand the ranches can be harder hunting, as the game is often so shot at, they run at the slightest provocations and keep running until the bump into a fence. South Africa is often overgrown with thorn bush/jess, and annoying to hunt in.

But they also often KNOW exactly what animals are in their fenced area, one hartebeest left, three impala rams, one sable etc. Until they buy more at auction for next years season ...

So the hunting on a ranch is not necessarily easy, especially if at the end of the season, not the beginning. But there is nothing like the wild places. I agree completely. For the sake of putting something on the wall, available in the wild elsewhere, I couldn't be bothered to hunt a teeny weeny pretend ranch again.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com