NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
03/03/19 02:01 PM
Re: Botswanas-impending-wildlife-disaster

I was touring in 1994 on honeymoon, the Western Hwange Park in Zimbabwe which Western boundary is the Botswana border. The Western half of the park in many areas had EVERY tree broken off a metre or two from the ground by the excessive elephant herds infesting the area.

What was very sad however, was one of the "expert" tour guides I organised for a day's trip, supposedly into areas I could not go by myself, we were self touring most of the time. Thsi guy, knew about the excessive damage. But also did not see a need for the culling of elephant herds at all. Supposedly an expert. But incredibly illogical. Perhaps the tourist dollar in being able to easily find very large herds of elephant was a bias? Of maybe an idiotic attitude that simply elephant should not be shot ... like many illogical and uninformed greenies and sheeple hold?

If a person like this can not see the need, seeing the deforestation, what hope do elephant actually have?

Of course the Zimbabwe Parks department does or did do whole herd culls, but wisely away from any cameras or media eyes.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com