EricD
(.416 member)
24/05/05 05:02 PM
Re: Elephant charges.

In reply to:

Eric, have you thought about putting the sled on a three to one or greater pully system? Or just turn the car around and pull the sled backwards to the start point so you do not have to mess about turning the entire unit. Just some suggestions.

Adam,

Due to the nature of the road, there is no room to turn around with the sled up at the top. But this isn't that bad actually. It forces me to as you say mess around with turning it around (and it's kind of heavy after I added the water tank, maybe about 60kg), then I "have to" run up the hill after the sled while it's being dragged back up to the top at a faster than jogging pace, then untie and turn it around before running back down to my gun. The car then drives towards me right away so that I have a bit of a pulse going.

So it's a cardiovascular workout, and shooting training rolled into one!

Charging target road:

When the sled is going between 35-40 km/h, it jumps around and sways back and forth quite a lot due to lots of small rocks in the road etc. So the target is far from being static sideways while coming towards the shooter.

The target "sneaking up" on my lefthand side which is shot twice after the charging target passes by:

As I said before, it's mostly just for good fun, but it's a little educational too!

Erik

Contact Us NitroExpress.com