larcher
(.416 member)
19/05/05 10:17 PM
Re: John Taylor thread

Quote Bob F. “I read Capstick's "A Man Called Lion" and enjoyed it. (But I didn't enjoy Captick's book about Meinertzhagen nearly as much.) Here's the description of the "A Man Called Lion" from Safari Press:
I got the impression, when reading the book, that most of the research was probably done by Brian Marsh. I got the feeling that Capstick was listed as the author in order to make the book more sellable. Maybe Safari Press (or whomever) felt that Captick's name was more well known than Brian Marsh”
Bob, You cannot be more right. It’s exactly my impression.
The same with Meinertzhagen “the Warrior”. God how I can loath this guy, the archetype of the squarehead.
And to remain obnoxious I regretted to have bought “ The wheel of life “ of Bunny Alen.

Alan Marsh : “A pioneering Hunter” his last book.
Dawkins, John Rogues and Marauders used is not cheap, look at Tomfolio.com :

50. Dawkins, John Rogues and Marauders Publisher: Roland Ward at Holland & Holland London. 1990. VG : in Very good condition with VG dustwrapper. .In clear protective wraps Limited Edition facsimile copy 30/775 grey hardback cloth cover B/w photographic illustrations 230mm x 150mm (9" x 6") Scarce limited edition facsimile reprint of original 1967 edition originally published by Robert Hale.
Appr.: | AUD 168.21 | CAD 161.82 | EUR 101.46 | GBP 68.00 | JPY 13,746.24 | ZAR 819.49 |

Purchase direct from: Barter Books. Item number: j1992.
US$127.84

Contact Us NitroExpress.com