NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
10/03/18 03:26 AM
Re: Tanzania Releases List of Concession Allocations

Quote:

There's been a message circulated over social media that Eric Pasanisi "surrendered all hunting blocks of all his companies" https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=...ype=3&ifg=1

All this talks about is the lack of sales and profits from hunting, due to mainly US FWS policies.

But perhaps as through your last post, something else is contributing? No idea.

Have more realistic and sensible priced safaris been offered in Tanzania? I know it is a safari market completely outside my pocket. Perhaps one reason the safari operators are or may be suffering is only catering to the multi- millionaire 'set' and luxury safaris. A $250,000 plus safari is outside the realm of almost all hunters.

Of course the Tanzania gov't with its pricing and fees also affects this.

The reason normal people hunt in Namibia, South Africa, Zimbabwe and Mozambique. With seven and fourteen day safaris of far more affordable prices. And even then bloody expensive for most hunters. Tanzania is completely outside normal people's wallets.

And IMO the super rich really want the bragging trophies only so any BANS on importing the big trophies mean the actual hunting and pleasure of it has then no attraction to do. Myself, I would hunt even if I could not bring back a lion or elephant trophy back home.

But for some the hunt is nothing, the bragging rights are everything. And sometimes the only thing for some hunters. ie shoot stuff in small pens, from a chopper etc etc tame animals but big trophies preferred to actually going for a "walk" ... (not referring to Tanzania here so much)

Contact Us NitroExpress.com