Will
(.333 member)
06/05/05 08:37 PM
Re: Will the PH save your life?

As one might guess, I am against the trick hunt, such as bow hunting DG. Ask a PH how he feels about trick hunts. Hey, but it gives the PH a chance to get in some practice on shooting DG.

Two examples of the classic attitude "DG is not really a big deal."

My son went with the PH, I, and a bunch of trackers trudged off through some medium high grass to a gulley where a bunch of vultures were sitting in the trees....sure sign of lion. My son didn't "bother" to uncase his rifle. To the point, when that lion heard us and came shooting out of that gulley like a surface to air missile it scared the laiz a fare (sp?) out of him.

My son-in-law of his first safari in DG country wasn't going to bother carrying his rifle on a quick trip into the bush to look over a bunch of eles. To the point, it got scary for a few seconds. No more venturing into the African bush unarmed!

Screwing around with little guns not only puts yourself in danger but also the PH. Wounding game with little guns forces the PH into dangerous situations. Is the PH going to save you? Or are you going to have to save the PH?

Mickey posed the question quite nicely. If you were hunting by yourself?

More power to the guys that stick buffalo with spears or hunt elephant with arrows, but I don't trust the PH that much!

Contact Us NitroExpress.com