Ripp
(.577 member)
05/05/17 02:07 AM
Re: Gloves on safari or when hunting?

Quote:

I almost always carry fingerless gloves when I go hunting. They keep your hands warm when a cold gun would otherwise numb them. They are great when crawling on the ground. A leather pair will keep your hand from slipping and from chaffing when supporting the forearm over a rock or tree. With the fingers free you can still grasp things as usual, including cartridges, and you will have true finger to trigger control.

Sometimes I will wear a fingerless glove on the forearm hand but keep my trigger hand ungloved. If it is very cold I will wear a full glove on my forearm hand and a fingerless glove on my trigger hand.

I believe one should always have a pair of some type of gloves when afield, even if they are only a light pair. They don't take up much space or add much weight. Gloves are one of those things you don't miss until you need them and then you REALLY miss them.

AGREE 100%--

I always have a pair of some sort along..usually finger less when I am bow hunting--to cover the shinny white hands..

Early morning hunts here are usually a bit on the cool side in the mountains..--keep on a thin pair of shooting gloves usually during the day while out hiking/hunting..

While hunting in Kyrgyzstan and Azerbaijan it was really cold high up..especially in Kyrgyzstan..November--even with gloves on my fingers froze a bit one morning..

Ripp

Contact Us NitroExpress.com