McLarenSafaris
(.224 member)
22/04/05 05:31 PM
Re: Final countdown begins

Mike,

An experienced African hunter like you may be able to help me, and possibly many others, with a problem I have?

Whenever I really look forward to something, like a Okavango or Kalahari trip, I also count down the days. Usually from about 40 days, like in the Army! I even make a spreadsheet which automatically opens whenever I switch on my PC and display the days left. Wonderful this anticipation! And every day a number less on the display. Now we all know a day has 24 hours, yes? So every 24 hours my display drops one number. Like your counter did at midnight.

My problem is that at about 10 days or so, the number of hours in every day seems to start getting progressively more. By about 5 days left it seems to take about a week just to get past another day! Have you any explanation?

Then there is the other problem: Having waited so long for the last few days to pass, I get inclined to say about important tasks: "I'll do that later, there's plenty time for that!" And, yes you guessed it right, in the end there is this mad rush to get everything done in time! Then the time really flies! Hell, man I can't understand it, can you explain?

Enjoy the anticipation, and best of good luck wishes for the trip!

Andrew McLaren

Contact Us NitroExpress.com