Ripp
(.577 member)
21/09/16 11:32 AM
Re: Most Desired African Game!!

Quote:

I suspect big buff are at the top for a few reasons:

1. They are "almost" affordable for most, ergo are a bit of a stretch dream, but not quite totally dreaming in technicolor if you get my drift....
2. They are damned exciting to hunt and do indeed offer the real possibility of personal risk of injury or death should things go horribly pear shaped.
3. They are truly majestic beasts, awe inspiring, and an incredibly handsome trophy......
4. The hunt itself is challenging without requiring the physical abilities of a world class fitness trainer.... Tough but still achievable for any reasonably fit person.
5. Who doesn't like the taste of beef, even if the tenderness of the tenderloin of an old Dugga boy is like chewing steel cable
6. They're one of those hunts that when done once, cry out for a repeat performance.
7. The most important reason of all to me: I think it's cool !!!!

I agree with the above--would love to hunt more buffalo...BUT, if I had just one more hunt to do I would really like to hunt tuskless elephant one more time..again, for me, was the most intense hunt I have ever done in my life as far as Africa and the Big 5...The last time there they (tuskless) were very very agitated..one group come runnning towards us screaming, ripping shrubs and little trees out and throwing them with their trunks..mock charging us..etc for about 20 minutes..I was hunting with the late Ian Gibson...will never forget...

Ripp

Contact Us NitroExpress.com