SafariHunt
(.333 member)
29/03/05 05:43 AM
Re: Where to go for big Kudu?

Here is a question ? Why does it always have to go to the book how big your kudu is ?

Take for example a guy who has come over to Africa 3 times already and have gone back with good game except kudu. Then again on his 4th trip he could bump into a 60" and bag it or even just a 50" with perfectly matched thick horns. I'm sure that in both cases he will go home happy. My experience with kudu is that you have to count on a lot of luck especially for big kudu.

I'm sure that for instance if you know you have plenty kudu of 50" + on a certain area or property you will pass a 50-52" on the 1st or second day. But your chances are still there that in a whole week that would have been your only chance on kudu. There are better areas for kudu but I think if you really want a big kudu book a hunt to find that kudu and hunt hard for it. And take the rest as they come if he looks good and you like him take him.
Kudu hunting is always good and for a gracefull animal like that he deserves to be hunted hard.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com