Rell
(.375 member)
12/10/15 07:07 AM
Re: Mozambique Hunting Report.

The eland hunt was a test of perseverance and bad shooting. We found tracks of a big bull and followed him for 3 or 4 kms and slipped up on him. He was in a burnt pan and we walked 10 or so meters inside the forest and got within a couple hundred meters. An unseen warthog bust from the forest and the land moved off. He stopped Ina gap and I took a shot from the sticks, I said 200 meters and the PH said ya maybe a little further. Well when we paced it off it was 300m. I hit him low in the brisket. He took off and I fired a second shot but missed low.

We tracked and cast about for him for 4 days, tracked him for an estimated 40kms and drove 120kms trying to find tracks. We found fresh tracks on the last days and after 3 kms found him in a clearing. Another 250m shot but his time I put oneinto his shoulder and another into his gut as he ran.

I wish it was a clean kill on the first day but it was supper fun tracking one animal and was an education on tracking and hunting eland. I might be addicted to eland after this.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com