NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
14/04/15 04:17 PM
Re: SA Cape Buffalo

DD

150,000 hectares is not a small area by anyone's sensible thoughts. I would have no problem hunting it if the animals in the high fenced area are "wild".

Can I ask where the concession is? And who the outfitter is?

Re Mozambique you would have to ask the outfitters. Ozhunter would be a good person to comment. The prices I have seen are more than what you mentioned for the daily and trophy fees combined, from memory $12,000 to $14,000 total from a couple years ago. Possibly more. I do not believe they charge on an inch range basis.

IMO a trophy bull of 36 to 38 inches with hard bosses is a representative trophy bull. The 40 inch and above are getting to be good to exceptional trophies.

My own 'trophy' bull is probably only 33 to 34 inches, but I have never measured it as not that worried. It was an old beast maybe 13 years old, and good solid bosses. I shot it after the warvet problems I had in 2002. I also had the opportunity to take a second bull and tried hard but did not succeed on the second one. No discount for the smaller "inched" bull. The prices in 2000 and 2001 and still somewhat in 2002 were very good however compared to now for a short buffalo hunt ie $4500 to $5500. I purchased my hunt at an SCI auction where the hunt was turned in at the auction. Was sitting beside the agent who made me an instant offer. Which I quickly accepted. I think $5500. Most short buff hunts were about $8000 by 2002.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com