NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
14/04/15 11:58 AM
Re: SA Cape Buffalo

Are those fees the trophy fees only? ie the daily rates are still on top of that. Because that was the sort of prices one used to see in South Africa.

Secondly, "the Parks want to move them", and that is the problem. A lot of cape buffalo in South Africa are animals relocated to tiny high fenced blocks. I saw one such block where "a cape buffalo bull was located for hunting" and the young PH looked at me excited ... I think I was supposed to be as well, but I thought the whole deal a fraud and a joke. One bull in a 500 acre paddock is not called cap buffalo hunting.

As mentioned the animals are hand fed. Or at least fed at a trough at particular times somewhere. They become accustomed to humans. And have a routine. We had a female hunter's story on here where she was encouraged to shoot a cape buff at night by spotlight because that was when the bull fed at the trough.

There are some areas eg on the Kruger boundaries where Parks buffalo can be found coming in and out of Kruger. They were at one time quite expensive, $21000 and $25000 and more to hunt. Not sure what the price is now.

I would hunt Mozambique myself for my 50th birthday this year if I could afford it. Or Zimbabwe or Tanzania if I won the lottery. To me there is nothing in comparison to a true wild herd wilderness area hunt compared to that sort of stuff described above. And the prices are usually actually better for a short buff hunt.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com