NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
16/10/14 11:27 PM
Re: Safari Hats - show us yours!

Cloth transfers the heat of a direct hot sun more than a good hat's rabbit fur or skin or whatever these things are made of.

I find them fine in a hot sun.

Cloth may be better in a humid heat with less direct sun, such as cloud.

One's head sweats and gets wet of course in a hat. That is part of the cooling effect.

My first hat did fit, but no longer does. This one fits well.

I dropped two off in Scandinavia when there last year. One for Staffan, the Swedish Crocodile hunter. With a crocodile headband. The other to Erik in Norway, was I think the same model as mine. Erik's didn't quite fit, was slightly too big, but an internal band might fit that. Would be good to hear if it did.

Zebra hand bands or Leopard band bands are viewed with humour by some today. I think Mickey had one which he used to post for the humour value. I think it would take a brave man to wear one on safari today. Don't hell, doesn't bother me, I like eccentrics.

Where is the rifle? Good point, it would look good in the photo. Might try again one day. A real leopard skin underneath would be nicer too ... but if I had one, it couldn't appear in a photo.

Actually that leopard patterned cloth sits on the back omy leather armchair, where I am right now. Been cold enough to add the reindeer fur as well the last few nights.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com