larcher
(.416 member)
14/01/05 04:27 AM
Re: Black Death Charges

I was charged by a badger. I killed a badger and realized that it was off season. I approached the carcass to quickly burry it. At this moment another badger came full speed to me. As I have just made a big mistake in killing the first, I decided to shoot the second when there would be no other solutions. I kneeled down and when the badger’s snout reached my barrel I peppered it with a 180gr RWS TIG.
I was charged by a wild boar . 2 years ago during a driven hunt I shot a wild boar at 150m. I believed it was dead. 20 minutes later, hearing something behind me I turned my head. The very boar was charging me. Just enough time to shoulder my double 9.3-74 and to break its neck at 5 paces.
In Africa I was charged a couple of times sometimes 3 or 4 times a day by protected elephants . Three times I dealt with buff (medium-sized red buff) and 3 three times the herd stampeded toward us.

Adding to Shakari's post about experienced hunters .

I was told the story of a French couple living in Burkina Faso (ex Upper Volta). The man was mad about lion and his wife about elephant. The result was they were more and more involved in close calls. The man got chewed and clawed a couple of times.
The more they got expericienced, the least they were afraid of their Graal. They ended with no fear at all of lion concerning the man, of ele concerning the wife. God be blessed, they died in their bed . Sometimes experience might create careless hunters .

Contact Us NitroExpress.com