SafariHunt
(.333 member)
10/04/03 12:03 AM
What is your sacred place in Africa ?

This last couple of days while I was in Ellisras I took a trip up our mountain again in the Waterberg ! I don’t know how many of you have sacred special places but this two photos depicts my sacred place in Africa.

The first time I ever stood there that was long ago in 1991 I saw two majestic kudu bulls run up the valley and for the whole time they were running I followed them with my eyes from the other side it was such a majestic sight that touched me and changed my life forever. Since then a lot has happened on that spot I shot my first bushbuck ram not 30 yards from the spot where I took the picture to my back. I must have spent countless hours just sitting there and waiting for game these are all free roaming game and I don’t think, that the game was stopped by any fence for a very large area. I’ve even seen a leopard female pick up a cub and then come back half an hour later for the other not further than 50 yards from me. I was scared but also mesmerized I’ve seen the little klipspringers come closer to investigate me. Sadly there are no more klipspringers around didn’t see any signs of them and I know there was two different family groups on each side of the valley but sadly I suppose they fell prey to dogs of the surrounding area.

Last year still there was two who fed on our green lawn in winter we hope to see them again this year. Anyway what I’m trying to say is that this is two pictures of my sacred spot in Africa does any of you have such spots or memories. I cannot tell you how great I feel when sitting there for a while thinking, communicating with God it juts cleanses my soul !

Here is 3 more pics from the area from the top of the mountain enjoy. Also please bear in mind that the photos are more in color it is not that green!

Contact Us NitroExpress.com