eagle27
(.400 member)
02/03/13 03:26 PM
Re: Bushwack Safaris .. Patrick Reynecke -Beware!

I gave my thoughts on the matter over on the 'other forum', from a contract point of view as that is what I deal with day in day out in my job so I won't repeat that here.

One point that was and is still being made by posters is that a deposit is to cover expenses incurred before the client arrives and that if there has been no expenses incurred then surely the outfitter could or should refund the deposit?

Although I don't know if this is the case in the safari business, but often in business deposits are requested on all sorts of deals or sales of product to ensure that the client is genuine and to guard against frivilous and timewasting actions by potential customers. It also allows for proper financial planning and management of cash flow in a business. How many of us on the strength of a pay rise or expected change in finances have puchased something in advance or proceeded with plans to do something. It is a pretty standard private and business practice all the while relying on people honouring promises and contracts.

I know there were quite distressing circumstances to the situation which started the subject in this thread so my comments are not aimed at that but are a general observation of business, contracts and deposits.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com