Mike_Bailey
(.400 member)
08/01/13 11:54 PM
Re: Marvel Africa Hunting Safaris

Marcel, a good reply I think. The water hole thing always puzzles mea bit,if youareafter croc or hippo then youare next to water but, for example, my KuduI spotted on my own while the PH wasaway looking for Buff spoor (main quarry), by the timeI found himand got him back, the Kudu was 500 yards or more from the the water,I nailed him eventuallyaftera bad first shot but does that count ?? The bow thingIam baffledabout, when doesa bow cease to bea bow ?Iam full ofadmiration foranyone who can shoot one of the buggers, of which ever variety. Timeas you sayis of the essence,I guessall of us would prefera 30-40 day hunt under tents butI canīt seeit happeningin the modern world. Lastly experience,I donīt knowabout the rest of you on here but thereare moments on the 4 safarisI have undertaken whereI would have gonea different route visa vis situation on shot butasa completeamateurI can only keep learning.I shotand killed the biggest crocI will ever seei n Mozambique 2 yearsago butI never recovereditasI tooka shot from the wrong positionand hit himin the lungs.As they say, "Good judgement comes from experience, experience comes from bad judgement"

sorry the editing isnīt working
best
Mike

Contact Us NitroExpress.com