SAHUNT
(Sponsor)
06/01/13 06:09 PM
Re: Marvel Africa Hunting Safaris

Quote:

Sorry Jaco, but these things are FAR more common in South Africa than elsewhere in Africa. There are far more PHs, more outfitters, more game ranches than elsewhere, so the competition is also stronger and the need to supply the unscrupulous client. I know there are good guys and crooked guys though. The challenge is always to pick the right one for the clients own desires.

John, you are right, maybe I did not explain myself properly. I am a boertjie speaking Afrikaans and sometimes I do not express myself properly in the English language.

It is true that it happens mostly in RSA, but it also takes place in other parts of Africa.

What stuns me if I read some of the hunt reports is the amount of animals that are hunted on a 7 day safari, if it happens once in a while yes, but if a specific outfit does it year in and year out with every hunter, I get concerned, how the hell do they do it, only 1 way. All of this is happening to satisfy the market of hunters with bags full of money and greed.

The best times I had with hunters, were the ones that were not interested in inches, but a real hunting experience. There is nothing more satisfying for me to spent time in the bush with the hunter, telling him about small things, seeing animals, deciding on what to hunt finding them, stalking them and eventually hunting the animal. Yes I use my vehicle to move around on the hunting area, it saves time to get to another area.

Bad practises comes out more frequently in RSA because there is such a huge amount of foreign hunters that visit us. What is also true is that the wildlife in RSA bloomed compared to some other areas in Africa. In the end the hunting industry gave a monetary value to the game and that is the bottom line why they are conserved. Without value animals would have been killed without any consideration of conserving them for the future generations. In the early parts of the 1900's animals were killed by the thousands in RSA, some were almost on the brink of distiction, we are lucky to have the abundance of wildlife left in RSA and we can thank the hunting industry for that.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com